Terms & Conditions
USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ANY PERSON OR ENTITY (“User” or “You”) USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SITE AT www.IntelligenceSquared.com (“Site”), OR THE APP KNOWN AS “INTELLIGENCE SQUARED” (“App”) OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE OR THE APP MUST AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT (“Agreement“).
NEWSLETTER: By subscribing, you agree that your details (including your email address/street address) may be used to keep you informed about future events and news. You can unsubscribe at any time by either using the link at the bottom of the email newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Contracting parties. The Site and the App, together with all content, data and other materials contained therein (“Content”) are owned or controlled by Intelligence Squared UK Ltd, a company registered in England with offices at 6th Floor, Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3LQ, UK. Intelligence Squared UK Ltd is referred to in these terms and conditions as “we“, “us“, “our” or “Intelligence²”. When you register with (or otherwise access) the Site or the App, you are contracting with Intelligence². You must be at least 14 years old to register (and, if you are under 18, you should obtain the permission of your parent/guardian to register with the Service).
2. Passwords. You agree: to keep your password secure and confidential and to not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access the Site, the App or any Content; to not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a Subscriber to gain access to any secured area of the Site or the App, and; to not create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, the App or any Content, or other Users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another User. If you think someone else has obtained your account details, please let us know immediately via email@example.com and we will close your account as quickly as possible. Please note that you will be responsible to Intelligence² and to others for all activity that occurs under your registration account.
3. The Intelligence² Service. Intelligence² is an online service that allows musical creators and performers to search, discover, connect and communicate with other creators and performers based on musical preferences, group roles, recommendations, locations and other factors (“Service”).
4. Subscription, Membership and Products. The Service is available for use on either a free basis or a subscription basis (each user of the latter being a “Subscriber”) or a premium subscription basis (each such premium user being a “Member”). Additionally, from time to time certain products (such as tickets) and/or extra features for online access (“Products”) may be available for purchase. Prices for Subscriptions and Products are as set out from time to time on the relevant pages of the Site and the App. Please note that prices and availability are subject to change by posting new prices or notification of availability at any time. If we discover an error in any stated price for any product or service you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling that order. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled (and where applicable provide a refund to the card used for payment). All prices are inclusive of VAT (or sales tax) unless otherwise stated. Please note that use of the Service via the Site and/or the App may be subject to data charges imposed by your internet or mobile phone provider and you will be responsible for payment of any such charges.
5. Payments. Payments may be by credit or debit card using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro or American Express (or by PayPal). All purchases and orders will be charged immediately. Credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment, your order will be cancelled and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. We are not responsible for your card issuer or bank charging you as a result of us processing of your credit/debit card payment in accordance with your order nor are we not obliged to inform you of any reason for refusal. By using your credit or debit card, you confirm that the card belongs to your and that there are sufficient funds or credit available to cover the charges. By placing any order for products or services via the Site or the App, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and that you have agreed to be bound by this Agreement.
6. Refunds. Please note that online services and/or downloadable goods cannot be returned or refunded. If you require support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Intelligence² shall not be held responsible for any provision of service or any other delivery that is incompatible with your operating system or other problems specific to your device. If you are in doubt as to whether or not the Service is suitable for your requirements, please carefully evaluate the Service before purchasing any subscription or other product. If you are still unsure, you may contact us via email@example.com for further information. Nothing herein affects your statutory rights.
7. Content. The Site, the App and the Content are intended only for the purposes specified or implied therein, and your use of the Site, the App and/or all Content is entirely at your own risk. Please note, whilst we endeavour to provide accurate and up-to-date information, the Content may not be wholly accurate or up-to-date, complete or free of defects, and is subject to change, often at very short notice. All Content is provided without any representations or warranties of any kind (implied or express) to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Intelligence², unless otherwise stated herein, owns or controls all relevant intellectual property rights in the Site, the App and the Content. You may not publish, distribute, extract, re-utilise, or reproduce any part of the Site, the App or the Content in any form (including storing it in any medium) other than as expressly allowed herein or as set out in the Site, the App and the Content (or under UK or local law). The Site, the App and the Content are for your personal, non-commercial use only, and are not for re-distribution, transfer, assignment or sublicense.
8. Take Downs. You acknowledge and agree that, while Intelligence² reserves the right to remove any item(s) of Content from the Site and/or the App at any time, Intelligence² shall not be responsible for issuing “Take Down Notices” to any third party site (including YouTube and/or Facebook).
9. Code of User Conduct. You agree to obey all applicable laws in using the Site and the App, and agree that you are responsible for the content and/or communications you send to or initiate via the Site and the App. You agree that you are responsible for everything that you post or transmit to or in relation to the Site and the App and you agree (in relation to the Site and the App):
• not to participate in any form of activity which is unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, racially-offensive or otherwise includes objectionable material;
• not to abuse other Users or anyone else;
• not to use the Site or the App to engage in any commercial activities not approved in writing by Intelligence²;
• not to publish your own (non- Intelligence²) contact details or those of anyone else;
• not to register more than one account for yourself or anyone else;
• not to upload content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party;
• not to upload content that contains anything which could be used to determine or alter the architecture of the Site and/or the App, or could be used to decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the Site and/or the App;
• not to upload anything that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement or that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation or that includes links to commercial services or web sites or that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law or that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Service or that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service;
• not to contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
• not to “stalk” or otherwise harass any other User;
• not to collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
• not to use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service – unless expressly permitted by Intelligence²;
• not to post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
• not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to Intelligence²’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or Intelligence² website; or
• not to use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on Intelligence² without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an “automated posting device”), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals, or engage in any other acts which could be considered “gaming the system”.
10. No Endorsement by Intelligence². We do not always pre-screen or monitor content and therefore we do not endorse (and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with) any Content or any other materials uploaded or exhibited or otherwise exploited by Users. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content of any kind that, in our judgement, does not comply with this Agreement and any other rules of User conduct for the Site and/or the App, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content. You hereby consent to such removal and waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of content.
11. Objectionable Material. If you encounter or become aware of any objectionable or infringing or unlawful content posted anywhere on the Site or the App, please immediately report such material (and the specific page on which it is found), or if you believe that you are the owner of the copyright or other rights in any material appearing on the Site or the App, or if you have any other complaint about the Site, the App or any Content or other posted materials, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (making sure to include both the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) for the non-complying content and the reasons you believe it does not comply). Please note that there may be adverse legal consequences if you make a false or bad faith allegation through this process.
12. Termination of this Agreement. We may at any time terminate this legal Agreement, in our sole discretion without prior notice to you and without reimbursement, if we believe that you may have breached (or acted in a manner indicating that you do not intend to or are unable to comply with) any term herein, or if we are legally required to do so by law, or if continuation is likely to be no longer commercially viable. You acknowledge that we will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal violations. You may request a withdrawal of any item(s) of your content uploaded to the Site or App at any time by email to email@example.com. We shall use reasonable endeavours to respond such requests, and or takedown the relevant content, within thirty (30) days. For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to take down any item of content at any time for any reason.
13. Repeat Infringers. Your account will be terminated if, in our reasonable opinion, you are determined to be a repeat infringer (or otherwise have been the subject of more than one valid copyright notice or takedown request which has not been successfully rebutted).
14. Liability. You agree that the liability of Intelligence² to you hereunder shall be limited to the amount you have actually paid to us for its products or services hereunder of, if greater, £100. Except as set out herein, we shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of your use of the Site, the App or the Content or in relation to the goods and/or services that we provide. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence of Intelligence².
15. Warranties. To the extent permitted under applicable law in your territory, all Intelligence² products and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or the warranty of non-infringement. without limiting the foregoing, Intelligence², as well as any provider, makes no warranty that (a) the Service will meet your requirements, (b) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (c) the results obtained from the use of the Service will be effective, accurate or reliable, or (d) the quality of any materials or services obtained by you from the Site or the App, from us, or from any third parties’ websites to which the Site or the App is linked, will meet your expectations or be free from mistakes, errors or defects. the use of the Service or the downloading or other acquisition of any materials or content through the Service or through third parties’ or provider’s websites, is done at your own risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer device or system or loss of data that results from such activities.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us for any loss or damage that may be incurred by Intelligence², including without limitation legal fees, arising from any breach by you of any warranty or other term herein or your misuse of any material or information obtained through the Site, the App or the Content. You further undertake to indemnify us for all loss or damage incurred by Intelligence² in relation to any third party claim against us for infringement of intellectual property rights arising in relation to your provision of materials to the Site, the App and/or the Content
17. Trade Marks. The brands, products and service names used in the Site, the App and the Content (including without limitation, “Intelligence Squared” and “Intelligence²”) are trademarks or trade names of Intelligence² or its trading partners unless otherwise stated.
18. Hacking. You agree and undertake not to attempt to damage, deny service to, hack, crack, reverse-engineer, or otherwise interfere (collectively, “Interfere“) with the Site, the App and/or the Content in any manner. If you in any way Interfere with of these, you agree to pay all damages we incur as a result. We will cooperate with the authorities in prosecuting any User who Interferes with the Site, the App, the Content or otherwise attempts to defraud Intelligence² or any other parties through your use of the Site, the App or the Content or any services provided hereunder. We reserve the right to deny any or all access or service to any User for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion. You agree that we may block your access, and at our sole discretion to disallow your continued use of the Site, the App and/or the Content. We reserve the right to take any action we may deem appropriate in our sole discretion with respect to violations or enforcement of the terms of this Agreement, and we expressly reserve all rights and remedies available to us at law or in equity.
19. No Partnership. Your use of the Site, the App and/or the Content creates no partnership, client, fiduciary or other professional relationship.
20. Force Majeure. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations hereunder that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
21. Severance. If any part, term, or provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any relevant law, the remaining portions or provisions shall still remain valid and continue in full force and effect.
22. No Waiver. No waiver, express or implied, by either party of any term or condition or of any breach by the other of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of any breach of the same or any other provision of this Agreement.
23. Variation. This Agreement may be varied from time to time by our posting new terms on the Site and/or the App, and any such amendment will be applicable to all Users from the date and time such revised terms have been posted on the Site and the App. Your continued use of the Site, the App and/or the Service constitutes agreement with and acceptance of any such amendment or other changes. We constantly experiment and innovate with the Site and the App in order to provide a better experience for Users and you hereby acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Service may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
24. Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes arising under or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of London, England.
25. Contacting Us. If you have any questions, please contact us at the following address: Intelligence Squared UK Ltd, a company registered in England with offices at 6th Floor, Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3LQ, UK, or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTELLIGENCE SQUARED+ SUBSCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your subscription entitles you to one ticket per Intelligence Squared+ event. Tickets are non-transferable.
2. You must have a valid subscription at the time of registering for the event and when the event takes place. Any subscribers trying to view an event after their subscription has expired will not be able to do so.
3. You can cancel or pause your Monthly subscription any time after the first three months by emailing us on email@example.com. Please email us at least two working days before your next payment or we cannot guarantee your subscription is cancelled before the payment is taken. You can see when the next payment is due by logging in to your account at intelligencesquared.com/my-account.
4. Intelligence Squared reserves the right to change the cost of any subscription at any time. All subscribers whose subscription is affected by this price change will be notified before the change takes effect. We will give you at least one month’s notice before altering the price of your subscription.
5. Intelligence Squared reserves the right to change what is offered as part of the subscription at any time.
6. All subscriptions, including Monthly and Annual, have a one-month free trial period, unless otherwise stated.
BOOKINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Making a booking on the website at www.IntelligenceSquared.com (“Site”) or on the app known as “Intelligence Squared” (“App”) for any event or facility offered on the Site and/or the App, including without limitation a debate, talk, discussion, lecture, course or workshop (each an “Event” or, if outside the UK, an “International Event”) creates a legally binding contract between:
(1) You (“you”) (on behalf of you and each other person attending an Event under a booking made by you, including friends, relatives, acquaintances, employees, employers or any other person with whom you have a business relationship, each a “Guest”); and
(2) Intelligence Squared UK Ltd (a company registered in England with offices at 6th Floor, Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London W11 3LQ, UK (“Company”, “we”, or “us”)
By making the booking on behalf of one or more Guests you confirm that you are authorised to agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of each Guest.
When you book with us through the Site or the App, the booking will not be confirmed until we send you your electronic ticket. We reserve the right to refuse a booking for any reason. We will usually email you your e-ticket within 48 hours of booking (to the email address provided when you set up your account). If you have not received your e-ticket within 48 hours of booking, please check your spam or junk email folder or filter and then contact us. It is your responsibility to ensure that your email is set up to allow you to receive your e-ticket, and we cannot accept any liability for any consequences of your not doing so.
You’ll need to bring all your e-ticket(s) with you to the Event and show them at the door to be admitted, so make sure you have access to a printer and that you check the details carefully as soon as you receive the email. It is your responsibility to do this and we won’t be able to help if you get the date, time or location wrong, or to admit you to the Event if you forget to bring your e-ticket along. Incidentally, it’s fine to bring along any Internet-enabled device such as iPhones or Blackberries in order to show us your ticket, but make sure it’s charged and functioning, as we won’t be able to admit you unless the ticket is displayed to our satisfaction.
Please look after your e-tickets and keep them in a safe place. Each e-ticket is unique. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the original purchaser and any duplicate ticket holders should unauthorised duplication be detected. E-tickets should be presented at the ticket desk on arrival at each event. At our discretion and in exceptional circumstances, only the original purchaser may be refunded the original ticket price paid. Please note that if you ordered more than one ticket, the PDF document will include one ticket per page; please ensure that you print all pages at the best text quality your printer offers.
The price for each Event is displayed on the Site and/or the App and must be paid in full, and in the currency stated, by debit or credit card at the time of booking. On very rare occasions, the price might change due to unforeseen events, but you will be given an opportunity to cancel in the event that the price increases.
The Company shall not be held responsible for any tickets which are lost or stolen and we reserve the right to cancel ticket bookings that we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently. Any gift voucher purchased from the Company must be used within 12 months of the purchase date so, if you been given a voucher, or if you’re buying a voucher for someone else, please make a note of the purchase date and remember to use the voucher before it expires.
2. GIFT BOX AND MEMBERSHIPS
The Intelligence Squared service (“Service”) is available for use on either a non-subscription basis or a subscription basis (each user of the latter being a “Subscriber”) or a premium subscription basis (each such premium user being a “Member”). A “Gift Box” holder will receive six (6) reserved seats at the venue stated on his/her ticket. Members do not receive reserved seating. Gift Box and Member tickets can be redeemed in any combination, from one seat at six separate events to six seats at one event. Gift Box and Member tickets are guaranteed up to two weeks before an event, after which tickets will go back on sale to the general public.
In the event that an Event has sold out by a date more than fourteen (14) days before such Event, an allocation of seats will be held back and made available to Gift Box holders and Members. Gift Box and Member tickets cannot be used for “partnership” Events or any Events with external ticketing unless otherwise confirmed by the Company. Your tickets can be exchanged at any time up to 24 hours prior to the Event. We do not offer refunds. Please note that Event dates, venues and speakers are subject to change.
3. CANCELLATIONS OR CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
We do not operate a refund policy. If you cannot attend an Event we will allow you a credit note to the value of the ticket which can be used against a future Event. Credit notes will be issued up to 24 hours in advance of an Event and cannot be issued on the day of the Event. Credit notes must be used within 6 months of the date of issue and can only be used once. To obtain a credit note, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Box Office on 020 7792 4830.
If you wish to change the name of the ticket holder, you must cancel the ticket (by emailing email@example.com) and rebook. Unfortunately, we cannot alter the name of a ticket holder under any circumstances.
If we need to cancel an Event for any reason, we may do so at any time before the Event is scheduled to begin. We do not expect this to happen except in exceptional circumstances. If an Event is cancelled we will issue a refund or offer you a choice of alternative date or Event, except when the Event is cancelled due to force majeure, as outlined above. We won’t be able to compensate you for any other expenses you’ve incurred in connection with the Event under any circumstance.
We will try to notify you of cancellations by email and telephone, but we can’t guarantee this, especially when an Event is cancelled at short notice. Keeping us updated of your details will give us a better chance of reaching you in time.
It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled and the date, time and venue of any rearranged Event by checking our website. If an Event is cancelled or rescheduled we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation.
4. ATTENDANCE AND CONDUCT
Please ensure that you arrive on time for your Event. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the Event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed. Please note that for certain venues admission to latecomers will be granted only to the upper level(s) and/or the gallery of the venue. In addition, we may have to undertake security searches, and admittance will be conditional on your cooperation.
For everyone’s sake, we (and on our behalf, the staff of the venue) reserve the right to refuse you and/or any Guest admission or ask you and/or any Guest to leave if we think you and/or they are behaving in a disruptive way or in a way that violates the venue’s rules, or in a way that is likely to cause damage, nuisance, offence or injury (including without limitation your obstructive or invasive use of mobile phones, and your use of recording or photographic equipment). We will not issue any refund in this event.
You further agree, to ensure that you and each of your Guests comply with all health and safety, licensing, and other rules and regulations of the venue or applicable to the venue. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself (and ensure all Guest(s) are familiar) with any rules and regulations that apply. You further agree not to attempt to bring in any illegal or hazardous items.
For the avoidance of doubt, you agree to comply with any reasonable request by the staff at the venue or supervising the Event (including, without limitation, requests relating to health and safety).
5. FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY AT EVENTS
We may film, photograph or otherwise record our Events. Please note that your consent to being filmed or recorded as an attendee is a condition of this Booking Agreement. By purchasing a ticket, you confirm your consent (and the consent of each of your Guests) to being filmed or recorded. The recordings may be made available to the public via the website or by other means.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Our total aggregate liability to you hereunder (in contract, tort, or negligence or breach of statutory duty) shall be limited to the total amount received by us from you in connection with the Event or Event(s) giving rise to such liability.
You agree to attend and participate in each Event at your own risk. The Company shall accept no responsibility for any of the following: (i) in respect of any person prevented from entering a venue, or asked to leave due to their conduct; (ii) travel or accommodation or similar costs or expenses whatsoever or howsoever arising out of or in connection with any Event; (iii) loss or damage to personal property; or (iv) loss of data, profit, revenue, use, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation or opportunity, financial or economic loss or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Nothing in this Agreement excludes or limits either party’s liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence.
All materials provided to you by us or by our staff or speakers or associates, and any intellectual property belonging to or associated with our company and/or services, including any website, trademark or trade name, logo, software, text and graphics are the sole property of the Company or our speakers or associates, and you agree that you will not infringe any such rights in any way.
We will not be liable for any breach of this Agreement which is a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strike, lock-out, labour dispute, acts of God, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, insolvency or bankruptcy of either party or any third party, fire, flood, snow and storm, exceptional weather conditions, difficulty or increased cost in obtaining workers, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services.
A person who is not a party to this contract has no rights to rely upon or enforce any term of this contract. This does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available outside of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
You may not transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of your interest in this Agreement without our prior written consent.
If any provision in this Agreement is deemed to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid for any reason, it shall be deemed to have been struck out and the remaining provisions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Any failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement at any time shall not be construed as a waiver of such provision and shall not affect our right to enforce such provision.
This Booking Agreement shall be governed by English Law, and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.